Jamia Millia Islamia Distance Learning BEd Admission
Jamia Millia Islamia University was originally recognized at Aligarh in the United Provinces, in India in the year 1920. It became the Central University through the act of Indian Parliament in the year 1988. In 1962, UGC (University Grants Commission) had declared it ‘deemed to be University’. In the year 1971, Jamia University had started Zakir Husain Institute of Islamic Studies, for honoring Dr. Zakir Husain. The BE course in the Civil Engineering started in the year 1978. In the year 1983, it began Mass Communication Research Centre as well as the Centre for Coaching and Career Planning.
• The applicant needs to have minimum 50% marks in the Bachelor’s Degree exam (excluding B.Com. (Pass) B.A. /B.Sc. Vocational Studies, and B.Com (Hons.) from any recognized University.
• The candidate, who has attained minimum 45% in Bachelor’s Degree exam (excluding B.A. and B.Sc. Vocational Studies) and in addition attained minimum 50% in Master’s Degree exam in teaching.
• Applicants to teach for Commerce should posses the Master’s Degree in the Commerce with minimum 50% marks.
• The candidates, passed in the B.A. exam in single language, after completing the exam organized by the language education institution.
• Total number of seats available is 200.
Jamia Millia Islamia University is offering the course of preparing teachers to the preprimary as well as lower primary level. Preparation for teaching on preprimary is different and unique from training for basic secondary education. The course is provided by IASE since the year 1996 and has approval from NCTE. It is the pioneering attempt for training teachers for preprimary (nursery) level through offering the course at graduate level. Hither to diploma in the NTT (Nursery Teacher Training) was organized by different institutes with the entry-level condition as plus two. This course is right option for those desiring to teach youngest children. This path will provide the student for taking teaching position at nursery or primary levels in government as well as private schools.
• Taking the teaching position as well as research in not formal education for the programs run through voluntary organizations and NGOs.
• Taking training jobs for the Anganwadi Teachers Training Programs.
• Start and run crèches and nursery schools.
• The admission for this course is via split entrance examination organized by the Jamia Millia Islamia University.
For detailed admission procedure, please visit the University website.
The applicants may contact at the following address in case of any query.
Jamia Millia Islamia,